I’m also making progress with the Creative Café. I’m getting quotes for designing the logo and getting the first bits and pieces printed. It’s potentially a very exciting time. I just have to keep fingers crossed that I get the funding.
I really value my job. It’s as if someone has said, “Gill we value what you do. We’ll pay you a retainer.” So, I have a living wage and get to do what I do anyway:
· Write books
· Give talks
· Critique other people’s work
· Talk to people about writing
· Write critically about writing and literature
· Go to interesting conferences
· Give papers at interesting conferences
· Research into interesting matters.
· Look for funding for projects
. Occasionally I get what might be described as a bonus. I get a royalty cheque or I go to a reading and sell a few books which my publisher has sold to me at a discount.
What a fun life!
Post a Comment